Health and Emergency
The Shire of Dalwallinu is well equipped with emergency services as set out below.
St John Ambulance Association: The sub centre is based in Leahy Street, Dalwallinu with another branch in Kalannie.
Volunteer Bush Fire Brigade: There are 5 districts within the Shire and the brigade is coordinated through voluntary officers with trucks in Dalwallinu, Buntine, Kalannie and Wubin.
Volunteer Fire Brigade: There is a WA Fire Brigade Board Fire Station in Leahy Street, Dalwallinu.
Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS): There is an all weather airstrip with Pilot Activated Lighting in Dalwallinu, which is used to receive RFDS flights.
Dalwallinu Emergency Numbers
|DALWALLINU EMERGENCY NUMBERS|
|For Emergencies Dial
|Doctors Surgery (08)
|Bush Fire (Business Hours)
|Bush Fire (After Hours)
Dalwallinu Medical Centre
Myers Street, Dalwallinu
Ph: (08) 9661 1203
Fax: (08) 9661 1154
Opening Hours 8.15am to 1.00pm and 2.00pm - 4.30 pm Monday to Friday
CLOSED for LUNCH BREAK - from 1.00pm to 2.00pm Monday to Friday
Dalwallinu District Hospital
Cnr Myers Street and Strickland Drive, Dalwallinu
Ph: (08) 9661 0200
Fax: (08) 9661 0254
The Dalwallinu District Hospital provides an excellent multi-purpose service (MPS), which delivers a range of services, including hospital services, community health, child health, school health, health promotion, mental health and aged care.
The Dalwallinu District Hospital also provides long term care for aged people.
- Acute Medical & Medical Referrals
- Accident & Emergency Services
- Antenatal and Postnatal Care
- Minor Radiology
- Outpatients Service
- Minor Surgery (visiting surgical services)
- Post surgical care
- Diabetic Education
- Hostel Care
- HACC Services
- Respite & Palliative Care
- Nursing Home Type Accommodation
- Meals on Wheels
- Aged Day Care Centre
- Supported Home Care
- Speech Therapy
- Mental Health
- Social Worker
Health Services are conducted at different times during the month. All appointments and enquiries are to be made to the Dalwallinu District Hospital (unless otherwise stated).
- Child Health 4 Days a Week in Dalwallinu
- School Health Weekly in Dalwallinu, Fortnightly in Kalannie
- Immunisation 4 Days a Week in Dalwallinu, By Appointment in Kalannie
- Occupational Therapy Weekly in Dalwallinu (Home visits may be arranged)
- Physiotherapy Weekly in Dalwallinu
- Speech Therapy Weekly in Dalwallinu
- Psychologist Fortnightly in Dalwallinu
- Counselling Services By Appointment in Dalwallinu
- Podiatrist Every 6 weeks in Dalwallinu
- Dalwallinu Pharmacy in Dalwallinu
- Chiropractor Monthly in Dalwallinu
- Optometrist Six Weekly by Appointment in Dalwallinu (Contact Medical Centre)
- Massage Therapy By Appointment in Dalwallinu (Contact Helen Seidelin 9661 1226)
61 McNeill Street, Dalwallinu WA 6609
Ph: (08) 9661 1226 for appointments (Please leave name and number on the answering machine)
- Bachelor of Naturopathy
- Diploma of Applied Science (Naturopathy)
- Diploma of Aromatherapy
- Diploma of Remedial Therapy Message
- Medical Herbalist
- Fellow: Australian Natural Therapists Associaton (ANTA); Natural Herbalist Association; Australian Private Health Rebates; and Medical Herbalism.